As we wrap up 2013, we’d like to highlight some of our most popular Risk Mgmt LIVE topics. In the event you're unfamiliar with this free resource, Risk Mgmt LIVE is a monthly video series in which respected attorney and author, Dr. Richard Hammar and I sit down to discuss timely, practical information to help you protect your ministry from liability. I invite you to check out the short video excerpts below from four of the most-watched sessions. Links are also provided for you to view the full discussions.
Concealed Carry Weapons in Church
- How to avoid negligent selection of security officers
- Benefits of using off-duty police officers rather than concealed weapons permit holders from your congregation
Dealing with Registered Sex Offenders
- How to know when forgiveness is NOT the right church response
- Four characteristics of pedophiles and how churches can protect minors
Understanding Church Property Insurance
- Benefits of choosing a dedicated church insurer
- What to ask your agent to make sure you get the proper coverage
Creating a Social Media Policy
- Definition of personally identifiable information
- The two problems with posting info about minors
- Information NEVER to post
This coming year, join us LIVE each month for more timely risk management topics that impact your ministry. Make sure you know about the next session by signing up for updates. I wish you and your ministry a safe and secure year in 2014.
This information is not legal or tax advice. Information is from sources deemed reliable. Information is subject to error, omission, withdrawal, or change. Contact your own legal or tax advisor before taking any action that would have a legal or tax consequence.